Article last updated: December 2018 by Oskar Faarkrog, ISSA Certified Trainer
(1) More strength does not necessarily equal more muscle mass.
(2) The perfect amount of reps for muscle gains is about 10 good, controlled reps.
(3) Keep rest time to max 1 minute to tear down the muscle and get a good pump.
(4) Dropsets are great to add muscle size… Why stop at one set if you can trash your body with 3 sets in a row and stress it enough to force adaption (growth)?
(5) Heavy weights are not the best way to build muscle mass since they often result in ego-lifting, momentum, poor form and injuries rather than proper muscular contraction.
Be proud but stay hungry,
– Oskar Faarkrog