1) High Quality Omega-3 to Fight Inflammation
I recommend you supplement with at least 2 grams of natural Omega-3 everyday because of the following reasons:
- 90% of all modern diseases such as Alzheimers and Cancer are diseases of inflammation. Omega-3 supplementation is one of the best ways to keep inflammation to a minimum.
- Omega-3 supplementation reduces the hormone SHBG while boosting the hormone LH. This results in an increase in your free testosterone production (testosterone is the main muscle building hormone in your body).
In other words, Omega-3 supplementation is crucial for your long-term health and your ability to build muscle mass, and it’s relatively cheap compared to other supplements.
It’s crucial that you pick the right Omega-3 brand because most supplements are junk and a waste of money.
I personally used a lot of brands in my local pharmacy in Denmark for YEARS and I still had a terrible Omega-3 index.
Then I started supplementing with an all natural Omega-3 oil from Sweden, called ArcticMed and in just 4 months my Omega-6 to Omega-3 ratio went from a terrible 12:1 to almost 3:1.
This is a huge improvement because the optimal ratio is around (1:1) to (2:1)!
The two Omega-3 supplements I recommend are listed below:
Best Omega-3 for UK and EU clients: ArcticMed Omega-3
Best Omega-3 for US and Canadian clients: Athletic Greens Omega-3
Optimal dosage: 2-3 grams of Omega-3 per day.
2) Athletic Greens Superfood Cocktail
Athletic Greens is a high quality supplement which acts as my daily nutritional insurance.
One serving of Athletic Greens contains 12 servings of fruits and vegetables and thereby provides your body with the critical vitamins, minerals, enzymes and co-factors you need to THRIVE.
While testing Athletic Greens, I experienced the following benefits:
- Higher energy levels and better workouts.
- Better mood. (Athletic Greens contains Cacao which is known to raise the level of serotonin in the brain; thus acts as an anti-depressant and promotes a sense of well-being).
- Less muscle soreness and faster recovery between training sessions.
- Removal of facial acne and skin glow. (The supplement contains Vitamin A which is used in powerful acne treatments such as Accutane).
- Less hunger throughout the day. (I’m not sure about why this is the case but I’m sure there’s a scientific explanation for this as well).
In other words, the supplement worked really really well for me.
…And that’s why it was one of only two supplements I ever recommended on my blog SkinnyFatTransformation.com in over 3 years of blogging.
When I recommend a product or supplement, it’s because I’ve tested it extensively on my own body for months and gotten actual results from it.
I highly recommend that you check out Athletic Greens on the links below…
- US and Canada readers: Click Here to learn more about Athletic Greens
- EU and UK readers: Click Here to learn more about Athletic Greens
Optimal dosage: 1 scoop per day
ZMA helps you sleep better and boosts testosterone.
Optimal dosage: 3 capsules per day.
4) Vitamin D3
If you don’t get regular sunlight because you live in a dark country, you’re most likely deficient in vitamin D3.
In the case that you’re deficient, boosting Vitamin D3 can increase your testosterone and also improve your mood.
For Vitamin D3, I recommend you just get a reputable brand at your local pharmacy.
Optimal dosage: 5000IU per day.
5) Egg protein powder
I like to use egg protein powder instead of whey protein because whey protein is a by-product of cheese and it tends to make a lot of people gassy and bloated.
Here’s a link to my favorite egg protein powder:
Important Supplement Notes
1: Once every 3 months you want to cycle off all supplements for 2 weeks to “clean out” your system and reduce the risk of having too much of something in your system.
2: These supplements will not directly give you a better body, but they will improve your overall life quality, increase your energy, prevent sickness and thereby indirectly affect your long-term performance.
3: If any of the links above become broken, email me for a new link or supplement recommendation.