In addition to performing the training program I sent to you I also highly recommend that you invest an extra 15-60 min a day to perform pump work with resistance bands for the upper chest, arms, shoulders and lats.
This routine has the following benefits:
- Increased strength and muscle gains from increased blood flow to the target muscles.
- Faster recovery between training sessions from increased blood flow to the target muscles.
- Better mind-muscle-connection from consistently hitting these target muscles from different angles.
It produces a minimal level of fatigue and actually enhances recovery, therefore it’s a perfect add on for those of you who have some extra time to train and want to get more out of training.
Here are the type of resistance bands I recommend you get: Resistance Bands
Basically I want you to get resistance bands that come in a variety of strengths and which are stackable.
The Pump Workout
Perform the follow resistance band circuit 2-10 times at the end of your workouts:
- Low to High Flyes
- Reverse Grip Triceps Pushdowns
- Reverse Grip Curls
- Regular Triceps Pushdowns
- Regular Curls
- Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns
- Straight Arm Lat Pullovers
- Front Raises
- Lateral Raises
- Reverse Flys
Use a resistance that you can do 10-20 perfect form reps with on each exercise.
Rest up to 10 seconds between exercises.
What is the best number of sets for you? I put 2-10 sets per time because it depends on how much free time you have available, but in general, the more times you do it, the more benefit you will get.